Tasks (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Create task templates to use for triggering new tasks, populating existing ones, or applying with automations in pipelines. Task templates save time by putting together commonly used sets of tasks and storing them for future use. You’ll find them especially helpful for frequently used procedures and ensuring best practices.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
- Creating Task Templates
- Adding Default Task Templates From Our Library
- Applying Task Templates
- Adding Tasks as Automations
- Editing Task Templates
- Duplicating Task Templates
- Deleting Task Templates
Creating Task Templates
A task template can be created by a firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage templates.
To create a task template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then click CREATE TEMPLATE.
Or access this page by adding the Create task automation while creating or editing a pipeline, then clicking New template.
2. Enter the name of the task template (e.g., Prepare 1040) in the required field.
3. That’s it! Click the Save button.
Read about all task features in detail:
1. Template Name: This is what you will see when selecting your template.
2. Task Assignee: Choose the name of the team member you want to assign the tasks to; you can also select several if the project requires more than one. When you assign a task, it’s automatically shared with assignees. For more details on task assignees, go here.
3. Status: Select the status that the tasks should start in.
4. Priority: Set the level of priority that the tasks should start with—LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM, or URGENT. The default priority level is MEDIUM.
5. Description: Enter a description to define the tasks (optional). You can use text formatting, emoji, bullets, numbered lists, and also insert links.
6. Tags: Add tags to the template. This helps you categorize your tasks and sort out unnecessary information. Use our predesigned tags or create a new ones.
7. Start and Due Dates: Set start and due dates for tasks; these are considered either relative or absolute (approximate or firm):
- Relative (default): Set a period of time that is relative to the date the task was created (e.g., start one day after the task was created; finish two weeks after it was created). Note, that you cannot set more than 10 000 units (days/months/years).
- Absolute: Toggle on Absolute dates to set start and due dates from the calendar instead (for example, April 15).
Setting dates is optional but can act as a helpful time-management tool for both you and your team. Plus, you’ll receive a reminder email three days before the task’s due date.
8. Subtasks: Toggle on Subtasks to add a checklist of to-do items; these will need to be performed in order for the overall task to be completed. Fill in the name of the subtask, then click Add subtask to create more checklist items.
9. Save: This saves your template for future use.
Adding Default Task Templates From Our Library
We offer default task templates, which you can also easily edit. To add a task template from our library:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then click COPY FROM LIBRARY.
2. Click the copy icon to the right of the template you want to add.
3. When you add a template from our library, the assignees and tags lists will always be empty. You’ll need to fill them in with your own choices as well as edit the other fields as needed. Click on the template’s name, make your changes, then click SAVE.
Applying Task Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you can use it to speed up your task creation. Here’s how:
2. Click the Template list to expand it, then select a template.
3. Continue by creating the task. You can now edit any task properties that were already filled in—that is, add or remove subtasks, assignees, tags, etc.
Note! Changes you make to a task don’t affect the selected template.
Editing Task Templates
To make changes to a task template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then click on the task template’s name in the list.
2. Make changes to the task template, then click SAVE.
Duplicating Task Templates
You can create new task templates from existing ones. Click on the three-dots icon to the far right of the task’s template name, then select Duplicate from the pull-down. The task template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Form 940 (2)).
Deleting Task Templates
To remove a task template completely, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the task’s template name, select Delete in the pull-down, then click DELETE again to confirm.