CRM (Basic): Link Contacts to Accounts
You can't have a client account in the system without at least one contact linked to it. A client won’t have portal access unless a contact for them with their email address is linked to their account.
- How to Link Contacts While Creating New Accounts
- How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
- How to Link Additional Contacts While Importing
- How to Link Accounts to Contacts
How to Link Contacts While Creating New Accounts
When you create a new account manually, you are always prompted either link the existing account to it or add the new one.
To link the existing one, click the appropriate link, then start typing the name of the contact. Add as many contacts as needed, then click Add.
How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
Link a contact to an account either while creating a new account or anytime afterward.
- Navigate to the Info tab of the client profile.
- Click on + Add contacts in the top right corner of the Contacts section, then start typing the name of the contact. Add as many contacts as needed.
- Click Link. All contacts along with their emails will now be displayed in the Contacts section of the account’s profile. Once an account is linked to a contact, you can invite that person to use their TaxDome portal by turning on the LOGIN toggle to the right of their email address.
To see what accounts are linked to a specific contact, open the contact’s info page.
To unlink a contact from an account, click the cross icon to the right of the contact’s name and select Unlink.
Note! Once a contact (whose email address had the login toggle enabled) is unlinked, that person won’t be able to log in to the account.
How to Link Additional Contacts While Importing
How to Link Accounts to Contacts
Link accounts to contacts either while creating a new contact via +NEW button or anytime afterward.
When you’re creating a contact or viewing an existing one, click the dropdown in the Linked Accounts section, then select one or more existing accounts. The accounts are then linked to the contact.