CRM Contact List (Basic): Edit, Export, Search, Delete
Contacts are the individuals you interact with on TaxDome—and essential for clients who log on to the portal. The feature allows you to not only store the details of clients and their family members but also of coworkers, prospective clients, and business partners. Here, we show you how to maximize your use of Contacts:
- Your Contact List
- Editing Contacts
- Exporting Contact Lists From TaxDome
- Printing a Contact List
- Searching for Contacts
- Linking Contacts to Accounts
- Deleting Contacts
Your Contact List
A firm’s entire contact list is available to both a firm owner, Admin, or any employee with access rights to view all contacts. Otherwise, team members can view only the contacts linked to their assigned accounts.
To see your contacts on TaxDome, go to Clients and open the Contacts tab. Here, you can view the names, email addresses, phone numbers, company names, and assigned tags of all your contacts.
You can filter a contact list...
- ...by the date and time contacts were imported. This shows them according to when they were added. Once you filter a list, apply bulk actions if needed (such as merging selected ones). Click FILTER in the top right corner, then select an option by clicking in the Imported at field.
- ...by using several tags or no tags. Click on a tag to see all contacts with the same tag or use the FILTER button. For more on tags, go here.
All filters are reusable and could be saved as templates. Read more on using filters in the article.
Or you can sort a contact list by name, phone number, or company: Click the up-down arrow to the right of the header of the column you want to sort.
To make changes to a contact’s details, go to Clients, open the Contacts tab, then click on the name of the contact in the list. Edit a contact’s details in the slide-out window and click Save.
You can also access the contact's info by opening the Info tab in the client account profile, then clicking on the contact’s link in the Contacts section.
Exporting Contact Lists From TaxDome
To export a contact list to a CSV file, click Export Contacts. This saves all contact data including custom CRM fields.
A contact list can be exported by a firm owner, Admin, or any employee with access rights to manage contacts.
Feel free to leave the page—once the export is completed, you’ll receive an email with an attached zipped CSV file.
An exported CSV file looks like this:
Tip: Filter your contact list using tags to exclude any unnecessary information before you export it.
Printing a Contact List
To print a contact list, click the print icon on the top right.
Your browser will prompt you to print the list, which will include the current date and time.
Searching for Contacts
To search for a specific contact using a keyword from any field:
- In the top left of the Contacts section, click on the search button. In the slide-out, enter the keyword into the search field, then press enter on your keyboard. The contact list is then narrowed. Click the x in the search field to clear it.
- Use the global search on any page: Click the search icon on the left sidebar, type in the search field, then navigate to the Contacts tab.
To remove contacts, select the checkbox next to the ones you want to delete, click the trash can icon in the menu bar, then click CONFIRM. To select all contacts, click the topmost checkbox.
To remove a contact, you can also click on the trash can icon to the right of the contact’s name, then confirm by clicking DELETE.
Merging Duplicate Contacts