TaxDome Pricing FAQ
- How does TaxDome pricing work?
- Can I add additional users to my TaxDome Lite license?
- How are my firm’s additional users priced when added later?
- Can clients access the portal after the primary subscription expires?
- Why do you require at least one annual subscription?
- Are there any limitations to the number of users my firm can have, the use of features, or the amount of storage space? Does TaxDome have price tiers?
- Can I suspend my TaxDome subscription?
- Is the pricing different depending on how big or small my firm is? Do you negotiate? Does TaxDome offer discounts?
- Do I pay the full price for TaxDome Pro when I upgrade from TaxDome Lite?
- Can I downgrade from TaxDome Pro to TaxDome Lite?
- Is TaxDome ever on sale?
- Can I get a discount for recommending friends?
1. How does TaxDome pricing work?
TaxDome has two simple pricing plans:
- TaxDome Lite: This plan is offered to solo practitioners only. It includes CRM and client portal with unlimited document exchange, storage and e-signatures. (Currently available in U.S.A. and Canada only.)
- TaxDome Pro: This plan is designed for individuals who need workflow automation and/or whose firms have one or more employees. It includes all the features of TaxDome Lite plus an online-payment feature, practice management tools, integrations, a PDF editor, a mobile app, and more.
The service is charged per user at the firm. One user = one subscription.
The primary user (the first) must be on an annual subscription. Additional users at the firm (TaxDome Pro only) can be on either an annual or monthly subscription plan. The cost of a subscription varies according to the country where the practitioner or firm is based:
|Country||TaxDome Lite||TaxDome Pro, annual|| TaxDome Pro, monthly
after the first annual subscription)
|U.S.A.||300 USD||600 USD||75 USD|
|| 480 GBP
|| 60 GBP
||—|| 720 AUD
|| 90 AUD
|| 360 CAD
||720 CAD||90 CAD|
| New Zealand
||—|| 720 NZD
|| 90 NZD
||—|| 600 CHF
|| 75 CHF
| Austria, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal
||—||600 EUR||75 EUR|
|Finland||—||600 EUR||60 EUR|
|Sweden||—|| 6000 kr
|| 600 kr
||—|| 4500 kr
|| 450 kr
|Norway||—||6000 kr||600 kr|
|Other countries||—||600 USD||75 USD|
2. Can I add additional users to my TaxDome Lite license?
No. TaxDome Lite is for solo practitioners only, and it includes one license. If your firm has team members who must use TaxDome, upgrade to TaxDome Pro, then add as many users as needed.
3. How are my firm’s additional users priced when added later?
All annual subscriptions are set on the same billing cycle. If an additional team member is added at your firm, their subscription price is prorated according to the primary subscription’s expiration date.
For example, if the primary subscription expires on January 1, and an additional annual user is added on February 1, you are charged for 11 months of service—all annual subscriptions renew on the original purchase date, in this case, January 1.
Monthly subscriptions are set to automatically renew (unless canceled) 1 month from the date of purchase.
4. Can clients access the portal after the primary subscription expires?
In order for clients to access the portal, at least one subscription—in this case the primary subscription—must be paid for.
5. Why do you require at least one annual subscription?
Because the portal is used to securely store sensitive documents for both your firm and your clients. We aim to provide a reliable service to all, and an annual subscription (a.k.a. a license) ensures that.
6. Are there any limitations to the number of users my firm can have, the use of features, or the amount of storage? Does TaxDome have price tiers?
We like to keep things simple, which is why we offer two straightforward pricing plans that are based on your needs:
- TaxDome Lite is for solo practitioners only. It includes a client portal and mobile app, unlimited document exchange, mobile scanning, e-signatures, and secure client communication. You’ll have all the storage space you need—and more. Plus, you can have an unlimited number of clients and unlimited e-signatures.
- TaxDome Pro is for individuals who need workflow automation and/or whose firms have one or more employees. This plan offers all of TaxDome’s features, including sophisticated practice-management tools, a PDF editor, invoicing, integrations with other services, and more. The firm does not have to set a limit to how many team members use TaxDome, and every subscription comes with the full use of all of its features.
7. Can I suspend my TaxDome subscription?
A TaxDome subscription cannot be suspended and resumed at a later date. If you have seasonal team members, you might want to consider purchasing monthly subscriptions for them rather than annual ones.
8. Is the pricing different depending on how big or small my firm is? Do you negotiate? Does TaxDome offer discounts?
We understand that solo practitioners may not need team collaboration and practice-management features, so we’ve created the TaxDome Lite pricing plan. It is positioned as an accounting-specific alternative to SmartVault or Dropbox. As your practice grows, you still have the option to upgrade to the full-featured TaxDome Pro.
For individuals who need workflow automation and/or firms that have one or more employees, we have only one price regardless of the size of your firm. We don’t think that people who are good at negotiating should pay less than those who aren’t. And we don’t see any reason why a big company should pay less than a small one.
As our company policy, we do not negotiate on pricing. This way, you know that you’ll always pay the same as everyone else, which happens to be the fairest and lowest price we can offer you.
9. Do I pay the full price for TaxDome Pro when I upgrade from TaxDome Lite?
No. If you already have been using TaxDome Lite for some time, you don’t have to pay the full price for the TaxDome Pro plan. You will pay only the difference and only for the months remaining.
For example, if you have been using TaxDome Lite for 90 days and decide to upgrade, the price is calculated this way:
1. $600 - $300 = $300 (the price difference between the two plans)
2. $300 * [(365 − 90) ÷ 365] = $226 (exclusion of months that have already gone by)
So, you would pay $226.
10. Can I downgrade from TaxDome Pro to TaxDome Lite?
Yes, if you have selected the TaxDome Pro trial, you will be able to downgrade to TaxDome Lite when the trial ends, but you cannot switch your plan manually later. To downgrade, fill out the following form.
11. Is TaxDome ever on sale?
We don’t have sales. Tiffany &Co. has been in business for 175 years without ever having had a single sale. Like the classic jewelry brand, we aim to give you a great design and quality at a solid but reasonable price. We strive to give you the very best.
12. Can I get a discount for recommending my friends?
You can get two free user months for each friend that you invite and who chooses to run their practice on TaxDome. Learn more about our referral program here.